Saturday, June 21, 2008

What I really need is

What I really need is a fabric stash fairy that will organize all of my fabric and take pictures of all of it for me so I don't end up buying it again. I also need someone to show me how the heck to miter corners that comes out even and straight. I need the thai place up the street to anticipate my need for late night pad thai and bring it to my door. I need a craft room where baby girl can't run off with bias tape, no it does not taste good I promise. The phone not to ring, because I don't want more insurance, yes I am registered vote, and I am not giving to the bogus policemans fund because it is a scam and I even asked my favorite local policeman about it so please stop calling me.

A few notes to my family.
Oldest child, hear my words, I love you and you are an amazing young man but your arm did not get lopped off and you are not bleeding profusely so could you please stop screaming like that, its lego, just lego ok, life will move on. Middle boy, I also love you, you are my world, but no you cannot have popsicles before bed and launching yourself on the floor flailing about will not change my mind. Baby girl, contrary to what you may believe naps are not for losers and you would greatly benefit from one right now, lets embrace that mmkay. Darling husband, I cooked lots and lots today is there any chance that the kitchen elf will come in the night and make the kitchen all shiny and pretty. I made your favorite carrot cake, and bread pudding, and corned beef brisket for hash in the morning, and that groovy cous cous, and marinated grilled chicken. Wait, whats that, I think I hear the kitchen elf stirring now. Excellent, ahh the power of cream cheese frosting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll organize your fabric for/with you AND take photos.

As for the rest, I'll swap children with you and you can take Pre-teen Girl with her eye-rolling and 'tude and also Danger Girl with her propensity for trouble.

Rebecca said...

but the good thing about duplicating what's in your stash is that you loved it so much that you bought it twice! double the fun of using it in another project. i have that problem more so with books that fabric or yarn.

Kristin B. said...

Hello I had you for the BTRS swap. I got so excited to send them out that I didn't add a little note to let you know who I was. Hope they made their way to your abode. I had a great time making them for you. Thank you for starting the blog also so I could get an Idea of what you may like. Have a wonderful night.