Monday, June 9, 2008

I am not a one trick pony

My other love is food, I love to cook. I cook every day for my family from scratch. I even make my own convenience foods and stock the freezer with grab and go meals. I have made my own pancake mix, my own bisquick type stuff my own soup stocks. I so enjoy the process, I really do try and make everything from scratch. I volunteer for our local fire department, and what do you think I do, thats right cook. It makes me so happy, the firefighters tease me a little bit, but I take it in stride. I most recently made them chicken and dumplings from scratch with three desserts because I just couldn't choose. So I made them fresh strawberry cake, peach cobbler and cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing. I collect recipes from everywhere. My favorite new software is One Note, it is a microsoft product. I have no idea what its original purpose is, but it is a wonderful tool to gather web information and put it in a single source complete with a footnote. So I find my favorite recipes online and copy them into one note, sort the recipes as I do according to my strange logic. If you have it, try it out. I use it for recipes but you could easily use it for craft projects or tutorials or whatever you can think of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that One Note was developed with other uses in mind, but your way is much more interesting.