Thursday, June 5, 2008

You can't buy this kind of ugly

Really, you can't buy this kind of ugly. I love to sew and as often as I can I do. I trawl etsy and ebay for ideas of stuff that I can make. I scour sites like crafster, and burdastyle.
Check the blogroll, I spend way too much time looking at beautiful things for inspiration. Much as I want to start my own etsy shop I can't quite get there. One day, I keep telling myself. One day. Until then, I collect patterns and make ugly things to torture my family with. Fate brought me a baby girl and she is not even one yet and I have already sewn countless dresses and skirts and aprons. All of them have some sort of garment construction issues, as I am learning on the fly. It was a beautiful day when I found a french seams tutorial on youtube. Now I am a french seam sewing master, that is pretty much the only seam I have mastered but you have to start somewhere. I learned how to sew in an invisible zipper, on my precious interwebs. Pretty much youtube is like my grandma that teaches me stuff I want to know without telling me to put on a sweater. I "big pink puffy heart with unicorns" youtube. Flickr too for that matter, I love flickr. Many many hours when I could have been doing useful things I have chosen to look at beautiful items on flickr. When I needed to make monster cupcakes for a birthday party, where did I turn. Flickr thats where.
So this brand spanking new blog is a place for me to share what I love, my WIP's, and my minor internet addiction. Thanks for coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome!

You seriously need to post a photo of your smock.

So, I said.... said...

You mean the one I have on right now, in all of its green pucci inspired glory. That one, well I meant to and then I made homemade salsa and got more salsa on the apron than in the bowl. I am not sure if thats the best foot forward, if you know what I mean. Unless, I retool the blog and make it all about the messes I make.